Soft Thinbread Roll with Pickled Carrots, Fresh Sprouts and Hummus
Polarbröd Soft Thinbread
- 1 Polarbröd Soft Thinbread
- 1½ dl shredded carrots
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- ¼ tsb sugar
- ½ tbs olive oil
- 2 leaves of frillice lettuce
- ½ dl hummus
- ½ dl beet sprouts
- ½ dl pea shoots
- ½ dl sunflower sprouts
- ½ dl bean sprouts
- ¼ white onion, sliced
- ½ green bell peppers, sliced
- Mix the carrots, apple cider vinegar, sugar and olive oil. Salt to taste. Put the carrot mixture in the refrigerator overnight.
- Place a row of lettuce leaves in the middle of each piece of Thinbread. Dollop the hummus lengthwise along one side of the Thinbread.
- Spread the pickled carrots on the lettuce leaves.
- Sprinkle the sprouts and shoots over the carrots. Top with sliced onions and peppers.
- Roll together tightly, so that the hummus keeps the roll together.
- Tips! Here we let the hummus acts as a “glue” to keep the roll together, which makes for an attractive sandwich. Note that it should be served immediately, while the bread is soft and fresh. If you are planning to wrap the sandwich roll in plastic and store it in the refrigerator for a while before serving, then we recommend dolloping the hummus over the vegetables instead. This allows the lettuce to act as a barrier. This keeps the bread dry, and the sandwich roll retains its freshness longer.