Polarknäcke with salmon, green mayonnaise and pickled onion
- 1 Polarbröd Polarknäcke
- Pickled onion
- ½ red onions
- 25 ml vinegar essence
- 50 ml unrefined sugar
- 75 ml water
- Green mayonnaise
- ½ eggs
- 75 ml rapeseed oil
- fresh dill
- ¼ lemon, juice and grated zest
- ¼ tsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ clove garlic, grated
- salt and pepper
- 50 g salmon in slices, marinated or cold-smoked
- Peel and slice the onions as thinly as possible, e.g. using a mandoline.
- Bring the water to the boil, then remove from the heat. Dissolve the sugar in the water and add the vinegar essence.
- Place the sliced onion in a glass jar and pour the hot vinegar solution over.
- Allow to stand for at least a few hours in the fridge.
- Whisk the eggs.
- Add the rapeseed oil, initially one drop at a time, then in a thin stream, whisking all the time, until the mayonnaise thickens.
- Blend or finely chop the dill. Mix the dill into the mayonnaise, then add the grated lemon zest and juice, mustard and grated garlic.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Chop the lettuce, slice the radishes and chop the cress.
- Spread butter on the Crispy Thin Bread, and arrange the chopped lettuce and salmon slices on top.
- Drop or squirt mayonnaise on top and garnish with pickled onion, radishes and cress.