Grilled sandwich with pea hummus, grilled pepper, olives and mozzarella
Polarbröd Rye Grand
- 1 Polarbröd Rye Grand
- 60 g cooked yellow peas
- 1 tbsp tahini
- ½ cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ tbsp cumin
- 35 ml cooking water from the peas
- salt and pepper
- a little olive oil
- 2 pieces grilled pepper
- 1 tbsp olives
- ½ mozzarella balls
- Cook the peas according to the instructions on the pack, saving the cooking water.
- Blend the peas, tahini, garlic, lemon juice, cumin, salt, pepper and about 150 ml of cooking water in a food processor to a creamy consistency.
- Season to taste with a few drops of olive oil, salt, pepper and perhaps a little more cumin.
- Spread the pea hummus over half of the piece of Rye Grand. Add the peppers, olives and sliced mozzarella.
- Place the other half piece of Rye Grand on top. Cut into smaller sections if your sandwich toaster is not large enough for an entire Rye Grand.
- Grill between baking parchment until the cheese melts. Cut into smaller pieces and serve with salad and perhaps some extra olives.
- Tip! Yellow peas make excellent hummus, but chickpeas or white beans also work equally well.